Location: Hill AFB, Ogden, Utah
**Secret Security Clearance Required; Top Secret eligibility
This is day shift Monday - Friday, 0600 - 1600; On call hours are 1601 - 0559, Monday - Friday, as well as 24 hours per day during weekends and holidays
We are a growing information technology company that offers its employees a culture of success, diversity in the workplace and the ability to work with leading edge technology that is revolutionizing federal IT infrastructure. We are seeking forward thinking candidates that have strong experience in operational support and can help take to the next level in a pro-active stance.
Chameleon Integrated Services has expertise in operations management, quality systems, data operations and cybersecurity. We secure some of the most sensitive data for the Department of Defense and for other U. S. federal government agencies. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees, and we believe in promoting from within.
We offer a Full Benefits package including:
- Competitive Employee Health Insurance options including dental
- 100% company paid vision plan
- 401K plan with generous company match and no vesting period
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100 % company paid long and short-term disability insurance
- Training allowance
- PTO and more
Chameleon Integrated Services is currently looking for a Network/Systems Administrator to support one of our federal clients at Hill AFB
This position requires a Secret Security Clearance with Top Secret eligibility
This position will support the network/servers/AV/LRA at DGOC-W. This position will provide technical support for network management, maintenance, upgrades of the WLAN and the ancillary networks that support our mission to ensure 24x& availability, building and configuring network infrastructure devices, hardware lifecycle replacement, property accountability, wireless AP/IDS/IPS support, network service management (access controls, firewalls, Bluecoat, TACACs, 802.1x, ForeScout, SolarWinds, etc.), vulnerability mitigation and documentation, network security investigations/forensics, biweekly Change Advisory Board participation, attend weekly teleconferences, incident escalation, and tracking trouble tickets via GTMS and/or ITSM. Server maintenance (DHCP, File Servers, Account creation) Local Registration Authority (Cutting NIPR and SIPR tokens for end users) and facilitating AV events.
Skills & Abilities:
- Windows Server 2016 experience
- Familiar will Microsoft Active Directory and Account creation.
- Enterprise Classified Voice Over Internet Protocol (ECVOIP) devices/accounts
- Knowledge of Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS)
- Knowledge of Forescout
- Solid understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS.
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Understanding of technical environments in order to create and document processes and procedures.
- Experience upgrading IOS on CISCO devices.
- Cabling (copper and fiber).
- Experience with CISCO, PALO Alto, switches, firewalls, routers, and CISCO Prime.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills with ability to concisely communicate issues to management, users and peers with diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Large team experience with proven ability to follow direction and contribute ideas to achieve team goals and improve processes
- Ability to follow & enforce established processes and security guidelines and effectively communicate them to users
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively and productively with teams across organizational lines, including administrative, executive staff and clinical systems users.
- Candidate must be reliable, on-time and able to complete tasks by target dates
- Maintain a professional work ethic & demeanor
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Candidate must be self-motivated, driven to learn with a focus on continuous improvement
- Lift 50+ pounds of equipment
- Provides input to deliverables as required.
- Provide Network/Server/AV/LRA support to the user community.
- Build and configure network infrastructure devices.
- Perform hardware lifecycle replacement.
- Maintain property accountability.
- Facilitate Command Level AV events.
- Setup end user desks.
- Provide NIPR and SIPR tokens/cards to the user community.
- Perform network service management.
- Manage Enterprise Classified Voice Over Internet Protocol (ECVOIP) devices/accounts, and maintain the following: access controls, firewalls, Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACS), 802.1x, Wireless/Aruba Tools, ForeScout.
- Perform vulnerability mitigation and documentation via Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), and network security investigations/forensics.
- Attend bi-weekly Change Advisory Board participation, weekly teleconferences, and incident escalation.
- Maintain a complete set of network drawings and diagrams that depict an accurate representation of the configuration of the local infrastructure. Drawings and plans shall be provided to COR every six months and after each update. Maintain a complete set of drawings and a cabling/wiring plan identifying all in-house wiring, cable, and customer premises equipment and ensure it is kept current at all times.
- Maintain all existing fiber and copper cabling from the circuit entering the facility to the end-users desk and provide fiber and copper cabling to the Node Site Coordinator upon request. Make and install fiber and copper cables for any new requirements within the facility. All supplies will be provided. May bring in own tools.
- On-site hours for this job are 0600-1600, Monday through Friday. On-call hours are 1601-0559, Monday through Friday, as well as on-call 24 hours per day during weekends and holidays.
- Security+ (or 8570 equivalent), CCNA (preferred)
- Secret Clearance required with Top Secret eligibility
- The Location: Hill AFB, Ogden, UT