Bar & Operations Manager
At the Barnett on Washington, the Bar and Operations manager is tasked with managing bar resources, employees, creating and maintaining a safe environment for staff and guests. In this position, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and directing bar staff while ensuring the bar is well stocked and running smoothly during events.
Responsibilities & Duties
• Management of liquor, beer, and wine inventory monthly
• Responsible for ordering liquor, beer, and wine for events
• Hiring, training, and managing bar staff. You will be writing the bartender schedule for events.
• Maintaining service of equipment necessary for events, such as ice machines, beer coolers and dishwashers.
• Responsible for regular cleaning and set-up of event space.
• Management of event inventory (i.e. glassware, plates, paper towels, beverage napkins, etc.)
• One-on-one client communication for special requests and signature cocktails • Social Media and website maintenance. • Online tour requests/client correspondence-managing days and times of tours, adding requests to calendars and assigning tours when necessary. • Venue Tours
Qualifications & Skills
• Knowledgeable in liquor, beer, and wine
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Team player and ability to work well with others
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Background in restaurant and bar environment preferred.
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.”