Top Secret Clearance is Required for Consideration
The Solutions Engineer is located on Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency’s efforts with engineering design, development, testing, and implementation to support long-term IT engineering solutions as well as provide operational technical analysis and engineering support.
The Solutions Engineer will work with our client to solicit requirements, research and evaluate problems and recommend solutions. Conducts engineering and system design, analysis, and transition across networking and computing environments to support configuration, change, and life cycle management. Leverages industry-based best practices to ensure IA compliance, integration, automation, and scalability when designing engineering solutions. In addition to engineering design of major long-term efforts, conducts engineering technical analysis to support resolving issues for the development and implementation of operational programs.
Experience with Life Cycle Replacement planning is a plus.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Completes activities to support system integration, system evaluation and analysis, site surveys, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems and architectures.
- Conduct advanced research and analysis of current systems to support development of strategic implementation plans and designs, document and mitigate risks as well as lessons learned, and provide regular updates.
- Research and collaborate with vendors and various groups, such as R&D, Server and Network teams, and provide recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology to improve mission assurance.
- Conducts engineering technical analysis to support resolving issues through application of engineering theories and concepts.
- Maintain a strong understanding of networking architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing.
- Support the operational assessment and documentation of systems security and compliance posture to maintain accreditation.
- Provide input to project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, document lessons learned, and deliver regular updates to stakeholders and leadership
Desired Skills and Experience:
Systems engineering design and operations experience.
- Solution engineering design and transition for Active Directory, VMware, Endpoint and Identity Management solutions.
- Experience in designing systems architectures, such as DODAF.
- Excellent technical writing & presentation skills.
- Ability to visualize proposed solutions in diagrams, feasibility documents and reports (i.e., understanding/experience with OV-1/SV-1 diagrams)
- Document Standard Operating Procedures and guides.
- Experience in System Development Life Cycle.
- Exhibit the flexibility to multitask, refocus and shift priorities to support the mission, warfighter and customer requirements.
- Adapt for working in team oriented or independent projects.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning.
- Specific technologies: Active Directory, SolarWinds, SCCM, Desktop EndPoint Solutions, Identify Management (SailPoint) & Virtual Hosting/Data Storage Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Foundations (Preferred)
- Systems Engineering Certificates (Preferred)
- 7+ Years’ Experience
Travel: Let than 10%
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with Chameleon Integrated Services without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made by Chameleon Integrated Services for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our recruiting department at 314-773-7200, and/or e-mail at email@example.com