Senior Cable Engineer - TS/SCI
The Senior Installation Technician is located on Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency’s Cable Plant and Infrastructure. The technician will provide technical expertise to design, install, remove, analyze, test and maintain the agency’s IT Enterprise infrastructure.
The Senior Installation Technician works on a Cable Team working incident tickets and change requests to include large renovation efforts. This individual will also perform CONUS/OCONUS site surveys to document as-is unclass/class site network configurations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Organizes and directs network installations on site surveys.
- Assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Designs and optimizes network topologies.
- Directs and leads preparation of engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops installation schedules.
- Mobilizes network installation team.
- Directs and leads preparation of drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Coordinates post installation operations and maintenance support.
- Knowledge of cabling requirements for Voice and Video over IP (VOIP and VoSIP)
- Ability to work across task areas and assist with LifeCycle Replacement efforts, Site Surveys, and networking requirements
- Knowledge of cabling requirements for Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Ability to work with industry vendors
- Communications Security (COMSEC) – Knowledge of crypto keys
- Ability to aassemble a Bill of Material (BOM) and labor estimate for existing infrastructure maintenance, new installations and Life Cycle Replacement projects.
- (CNSSAM) TEMPEST/1-13, RED/BLACK Installation Guidance.
- Knowledge of cable installation with the following services:
- Voice and Video over IP
- Video Teleconference (VTC)
- Voice Over Secure IP (VOSIP)
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Data Storage and Access to mission oriented databases
- Protective Distribution System (PDS)
- Install Crypto and Communications Equipment (DSU/CSU for Data Circuit)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 9 years
- With an Associate's degree, 8 years of experience
- With a Bachelor's degree, 6 years of experience
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Remedy ITSM
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- MS SharePoint
Up to 40%
National and International travel required depending on contractual needs.
Clearance: Top Secret - SCI is preferred
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with Chameleon Integrated Services without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation will be made by Chameleon Integrated Services for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job.
If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our recruiting department at 314-773-7200, and/or e-mail at email@example.com