LCR/Site Survey Network Engineer (Top-Secret clearance)
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Must have a Top-Secret clearance to qualify for this position
Check out our reviews:
We offer a Full Benefits package including:
- Competitive Employee Health Insurance options including dental
- 100% company paid vision plan
- 401K plan with generous company match and no vesting period
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100 % company paid long and short-term disability insurance
- Training allowance
- PTO and more…
Chameleon Integrated Services is currently looking for a Network Engineer to perform Site Surveys and Life Cycle Replacement to support a large federal agency’s efforts to successfully survey, assess, and replace end-of-life network equipment. The Network engineer will work with a Tier 3 infrastructure team required to support Cisco Switches and Routers, Palo Alto firewalls, VoIP, etc. in support of a world-wide network. Travel is required.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Configures, installs, tests and validates, and troubleshoots network infrastructure devices.
- Designs and installs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the network requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Survey current and future locations to support agency network infrastructure.
- Inventory and validation of agency current and future network devices and topologies.
- Ensures Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application.
- Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are fully compliant with policies, processes, and procedures.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Provide support team members with the tools, knowledge, and support documentation required to support enterprise architecture.
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed.
- Attend work regularly to ensure all job duties are timely performed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Technical Knowledge:
- Cisco Switch Series (2900, 3700, 3800, 3900, 4500, 6500)
- Cisco Router Series (3700, 3800, 3900, ASI 1000)
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Syslog, SNMP, and IPv4/v6
- Ability to configure, install, test and validate, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide network infrastructure devices.
- Knowledge of network troubleshooting techniques and tools (e.g. network packet capture and analysis, network analyzers, port scanning, monitoring).
- Ability to review, and develop network diagrams.
- Ability to assess, document and provide recommended courses of action (CoA) to mitigate risk.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and attention to of risks detail.
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations.
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure projects are kept on track, and tasks are completed in a timely manner.
Desired Skills & Knowledge:
- Technical Knowledge:
- Cisco Switch Nexus Series (7k/9k) and Catalyst 9000 Series
- Cisco Router ISR 4000 Series
- Juniper Series (MX, SRX, EX)
- Bluecoat Web Proxies
- General Dynamic TACLANEs
- Active Directory
- Cabling and Installation
- MS Office Suite (Visio, PowerPoint, and other applications) proficient.
- Familiar with DoD Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS).
- Experience with DoD network device installation and configuration.
- Knowledge and/or experience with network security practices.
- Familiar with working in a ticketing system/ITIL framework.
- Experience with upgrading systems and applying security patches.
- Designing and deploying OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, MBGP, VXLAN, VLAN, Virtual Chassis, LACP, 802.1x, WLAN, SSL-VPN, and Spanning Tree.
- Experience with WAN optimization and load balancing.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required and 5-8 years of hands-on experience in network design, deployment, and operation.
- Security+ required
- 1 or more vendor Specific Certifications a plus.
Must have an existing Top Secret Clearance to be considered
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with Chameleon Integrated Services without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made by Chameleon Integrated Services for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our recruiting department at 314-773-7200, and/or e-mail at email@example.com