Top Secret (Required in order to be considered)
The Chief Architect is located on Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency’s efforts with engineering design, development, testing, and implementation to support long-term IT engineering solutions as well as provide operational technical analysis and engineering support.
As an authority in discipline or related area of expertise, leads engineering and system design, analysis, and transition across networking and computing environments to support configuration, change, and life cycle management. Leverages industry-based best practices to ensure IA compliance, integration, automation, and scalability when designing engineering solutions. In addition to engineering design of major long-term efforts, conducts engineering technical analysis to resolve complex issues for the development and implementation of operational programs.
Experience with System Development Life Cycle and Process modeling.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Reviews how current IT functions throughout the enterprise can be centralized and increase efficiency. Determines methods that aid in various technology areas working together seamlessly.
- Perform system integration, system evaluation and analysis, site surveys, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems and architectures.
- Conduct advanced research and analysis of current systems to develop strategic implementation plans and designs, document and mitigate risks as well as lessons learned, and provide regular updates.
- Serves in a critical role that builds, advises, and recommends purchases for technology that will help the enterprise meet its mission goals.
- Ensure all requirements, customer and functional, are met through system analysis across all levels to include hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Collaborate with agencies, federal partners, industry, etc. to run technology experiments and pilot programs that help create new products and services. Responsible for determining the best way of integrating these into standard OPCON.
- Research, collaborate, strategize with vendors and various groups, such as R&D, Server and Network teams, and provide recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology to improve mission assurance. Coordinate the efforts of other technology-specific architects and/or SME's.
- Address unusually complex problems with consultative direction through the application of advanced technologies expertise, scientific principles, theories, and concepts. Responsible for solving integration problems and synchronizing technology frameworks across the organization's task areas.
- Maintain a strong understanding of networking architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing.
- Review new and existing enterprise program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards policies and architectural plans.
- Devise plans to mitigate the gaps between the current and future enterprise technologies and service offerings.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, document lessons learned, and provide regular updates to Senior Leadership government and Chameleon.
- Attend work regularly to ensure all job duties are timely performed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced systems engineering design and operations in multi-enclave environmental.
- Strong technical skills with data technologies (e.g., Enterprise Data Warehouses, Operational Data Stores, and Database Management Systems)
- Exhibit the flexibility to multitask multiple projects simultaneously, refocus and shift priorities to support the mission, warfighter and customer requirements.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work effectively with internal and external leaders and the ability to network and coordinate across programs and agencies.
- Experience in the assessment and insight into risk management analysis and internal controls requirements.
- Experience in System Development Life Cycle
- Experience in designing systems architectures, such as DODAF, and enterprise-level IT strategic and execution plans.
- Deep understanding of data architecture, industry standards, and best practices.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document architectural diagrams, technical proposals, and research results.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning.
- Specific technologies: SolarWinds, SCCM, Active Directory, Desktop EndPoint Solutions, Identify Management (SailPoint), Virtual Hosting/Data Storage Management, and Network infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- ITIL Foundations or Intermediate Certificates (Preferred)
- Systems Engineering Certificates
- 7+ Years Experience
- Agile, Len/Six Sigma – Green Belt (Preferred)
Less than 10%
Top Secret (Required in order to be considered)
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with Chameleon Integrated Services without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made by Chameleon Integrated Services for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our recruiting department at 314-773-7200, and/or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org