Chameleon is seeking a Cable Plant and Wireless Team Lead located on Fort Meade to support the Cable Plant and Wireless infrastructure of a large federal agency. The Team Lead will provide technical expertise to design, remove, install, analyze, test, and maintain the agency’s IT Enterprise infrastructure. They will also oversee a Wireless support team that monitors, supports and ensures secure wireless connections at the agency headquarters.
The Cable Plant and Wireless Team Lead oversees the Cable Plant and Wireless Teams while working incident tickets and change requests to include large renovation efforts. This individual will also perform CONUS/OCONUS site surveys to document as-is unclassified/classified/Y-lan site network configurations. The candidate will also need Crypto and Communications Equipment knowledge.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Provide leadership and oversight for the Cable Plant and Wireless teams, and interface with customer regarding project and incident progress.
- Cable Plant Project Management services and assistance
- Wireless infrastructure design; install, remove, analyze, test, monitor and maintain.
- Knowledge of Aruba controllers, Aruba Airwave and ClearPass appliances
- Design unclassified/classified/Y cable network pathways.
- Install protective distribution system (PDS).
- Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Organize and direct network installations on site surveys.
- Assess and document current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Design and optimize network topologies.
- Directs and lead the preparation of engineering plans and site installation for Technical Design Packages.
- Develops installation schedules.
- Mobilize the network installation team.
- Direct and lead preparation of drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepare site installation and test reports.
- Coordinate post-installation operations and maintenance support.
- Work with industry vendors.
- Create quarterly updates on areas key accomplishments and upcoming work and present to customer
- Work across task areas and assist with Life Cycle Replacement (LCR) efforts, site surveys, and networking requirements.
- Install Crypto and Communications Equipment (DSU/CSU for Data Circuit).
- Communications Security (COMSEC) – Knowledge of crypto keys.
- Assemble Bill of Materials (BOM) and labor estimate for existing infrastructure maintenance, new installations, and LCR projects.
- Knowledge of cabling requirements for Voice and Video over IP (VoIP and VoSIP)
- Knowledge of cable installation and knowledge of required codes and standards. (NEC),(NFPA),(IBC),(IMC),(IMEEE)
- Attend work regularly to ensure all job duties are timely performed
- Other duties are assigned from time to time by management
- May be called in after-hours on occasion
- 9 years of experience, or
- 8 years of experience with an Associate's degree, or
- 6 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Remedy ITSM
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- MS SharePoint
- Up to 70%.
- National and international travel required depending on contractual needs.
Clearance: Top Secret-SCI
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment with Chameleon Integrated Services without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made by Chameleon Integrated Services for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact our recruiting department at 314-773-7200, and/or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org