Senior Technical Proposal Writer
The Senior Technical Proposal Writer will support the Capture Manager and the Director of Proposal Management as needed throughout the Proposal Development Lifecycle (pre-RFP and post-RFP). The candidate will report directly to the Director of Proposal Management. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with other writers, subject matter experts (SMEs), a graphic artist, business partners, and executives, contributing ideas to technical solution sessions and graphical concepts, under the leadership of the Lead Solution Architect and Capture Manager (pre-RFP), and under the leadership of the Proposal Director and Capture Manger (post-RFP).
- Infuse final solution, win themes, customer hot-buttons, discriminators, etc. into assigned technical sections through detailed writing, demonstrating a clear approach that maps to customer requirements as documented in each RFP.
- Write multiple sections of the technical solution and/or management approach; when working a section that is outside of the expertise of this candidate, work with other SMEs on the team to craft a technical sound response.
- Writing will be in response to Federal Government RFIs and RFPs
- Attend work regularly to ensure all job duties are timely performed
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management
- A minimum of five (5) years writing technical solutions and management sections for Federal Government proposals in the area of information technology (IT).
- Technical and management background – must have experience working in technical and leadership roles on Federal Government contracts as well as a broad, foundational understanding of IT services and project management methodology.
- Ability to interview other technical experts and understand complex material and convert it into easily readable solutions that provide a clear value add to the customer; blend technically sound material with win themes.
- Meets deadlines/strong time management skills and willingness to work long hours and/or weekends if required to ensure deadlines are met. We try to allow enough time in a schedule such that weekend work is not required, however we also must comply with Government deadlines which sometimes results in long and/or weekend hours.
- A sales-oriented mind – an understanding of how to capture the interest of a target customer through writing by validating the solution with proof points such as metrics and value add statements.
- Proficiency with Microsoft (MS) Word
- Bachelor’s Degree – preferably in Computer Science/Technology, Marketing, or English
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and ability to communicate well and stay calm under pressure
- PMP preferred
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job.”