Senior Network Installation Technician (Cable Plant)
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Top Secret Security Clearance Required
Chameleon Integrated Services has expertise in operations management, quality systems, data operation and cybersecurity. We secure some of the most sensitive data for the Department of Defense and for other U. S. federal government agencies. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees, and we believe in promoting from within.
The Senior Network Installation Technician is located at Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency's Cable Plant and Infrastructure. The technician will provide technical expertise to design, install, remove, analyze, test and maintain the agency's IT Enterprise Infrastructure.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Organizes and directs network installations on site surveys.
- Assesses and documents current site network configuration and user requirements.
- Designs and optimizes network topologies.
- Directs and leads preparation of engineering plans and site installation Technical Design Packages.
- Develops installation schedules.
- Mobilizes network installation team.
- Directs and leads preparation of drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Prepares site installation and test reports.
- Coordinates post installation operations and maintenance support.
- Knowledge of cabling requirements for Voice and Video over IP (VOIP and VoSIP)
- Ability to work across task areas and assist with LifeCycle Replacement efforts, Site Surveys, and networking requirements
- Knowledge of cabling requirements for Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Ability to work with industry vendors
- Communications Security (COMSEC) - Knowledge of crypto keys
- Ability to assemble a Bill of Material (BOM) and labor estimate for existing infrastructure maintenance, new installations and Life Cycle Replacement projects.
- (CNSSAM) TEMPEST/1-13, RED/BLACK Installation Guidance.
- Knowledge of cable installation with the following services:
- Voice and Video over IP
- Video Teleconference (VTC)
- Voice Over Secure IP (VOSIP)
- Defense Red Switch Network (DRSN)
- Data Storage and Access to mission oriented databases
- Protective Distribution System (PDS)
- Install Crypto and Communications Equipment (DSU/CSU for Data Circuit)
Preferred Technical Knowledge:
- Remedy ITSM
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- MS SharePoint
- 9 years
- With an Associate degree, 8 years of experience
- With a Bachelors’ degree, 6 years of experience
Physical Exertion Requirement:
- Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. If someone can do medium work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary and light work.
- Ability to walk distances up to multiple miles in a day throughout out the campus, climb stairs and ladders.
- Security+ (6 months after hire)
Up to 40% travel
National and International travel required depending on contractual needs.
Top Secret-SCI (You must have an existing Top Secret Clearance to be considered)
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status"