This Configuration Manager position works in a team environment and performs as the Configuration Management (CM) subject matter expert (SME) for the enterprise network. This position leads the continuing development and evolution effort of the CM database (CMDB) system, resolving complex problems by performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for information systems as related to CM. Provides input to DISANet Branch Chiefs and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Communicates effectively while working complex problems with consultative direction.
- Responsible for completing data validation for CMDB in three environments.
- Senior technical leader for administering the CMDB system, which is SolarWinds.
- Troubleshoot CMDB issues and work with appropriate vendors/teams until resolution.
- Work with Team Leads to manage and execute tasks and relieve backlogs to ensure deliverables are on time with acceptable quality levels; and
- Manage stakeholder expectations, including customer inclusion in technical matters, identifying gaps, and resolving impediments.
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems as related to CM.
- Performs duties such as system evaluation, system analysis, architecture, and infrastructure assessment.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical and schedule requirements.
- Applies advanced technologies impacting CM.
- Resolves issues associated with the CM of Global DISANet enterprise and recommends technological application programs to accomplish long-range objectives.
- Serves as a technical expert advising the customer on technology matters.
- Responsible for the design and documentation of configuration management tools that provide for timely and appropriate configuration tracking of network systems that meet all customer requirements.
- As required prepare test planning and execution or oversight of test execution; Solutions Engineer will assist in preparing all documents required to mitigate their impact.
- Develop TTP, CONOPs and SOP documentation as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years of experience with SolarWinds highly desired
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and orally, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior-level government customers.
- Experience with CMDB, SCCM, and the JRSS/JMN tools desired.
- Service Now configuration management experience desired.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree and 6 years of relevant experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+) or IAT Level II Required
Travel: Let than 10%
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be made for qualified individuals with a disability, where such accommodations will not impose an undue hardship during the application process and on the job.”