- Manages our Air Force customer's Headquarters along with thier Primary Subordinate Units (PSUs), and Detachments IT support contractors to include all their outlying customers and linked sites. Coordinates the preparation, review, and consolidation of client information systems for HQ and local PSU users. Provides recommendations to the COR for IT upgrades as needed to keep systems current with technology.
- Recommends policies, standards and methodologies to the COR.
- Provides assistance for information security.
- Develops and oversees preparation of studies, reports, and other documents, as requested.
- Reviews work of subordinate contractor personnel; provide guidance and training where appropriate.
- Responsible for contractors at our client's Headquarters along with local client's Primary Subordinate Units (PSUs), and, if assigned, Detachments IT support contractors and their support to the users.
- Works with COR to identify changes in computer and systems technology and provides input on how it can improve efficiency and effectiveness for Air Force client.
- Provides direction to facilitate planning the design, installation, modification and operation of IT capability to contractors.
- Recommends long and short-range plans for hardware/software selection and replacement to the COR.
- Provides feasibility studies, time and cost estimates and recommendation for establishment and implementation of new and revised plans and programs to the COR.
- Consults with the base communications squadron and other DOD/Air Force Agencies as deemed necessary to coordinate network requirements and activities. Prepares activity and progress reports.
- Consults with and advises network users.
- Coordinates network administration and performance requirements with others in the information systems function.
- Identifies, analyzes and documents long-range requirements and schedules resources related to any expanded enterprise IT support.
- Prepares technical implementation plans that provide integrated solutions including actions, milestones, timelines and critical paths required for complete solutions.
- Researches applicable standards and requirements documents to assure compliance.
- Confers and consults with the COR and DS regarding all performance, scheduling issues, and any unresolved customer complaints.
Minimum Experience/ Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in management or related discipline or a project management professional certification.
- 15 years’ experience working with military policies and procedures. Shall have 10 years’ leadership experience.
- Five years’ (5) knowledge in IT Service Delivery (ITSM) and related frameworks (ITIL, CMMI, etc.).
- Five years’ (5) knowledge in computer hardware, including desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, and smart phones
- Contractor shall have active Secret clearance.
Contingent upon award.
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”