Engineering & Operations Lead
Location: Arlington, VA
The Engineering and Operations Lead is responsible for systems engineering & integration, maintaining configuration control, reviewing & approving engineering change proposals, and auditing design & operational testing. Projects under these programs include utilizing cloud-based technologies, enterprise Web Content Management Systems (Web CMS) and supporting websites.
The Engineering & Operations Lead oversees and is involved in Cyber Security, Project Engineering, Trends & Analysis, Requirements Management, Systems Test & Verification, Integrated Master Scheduling, Systems Architecture (Framework), Specialty Engineering and Risk Management.
- Develops and delivers on-going operational metrics and system/application KPIs.
- Performs a project and task leadership role for application development projects as needed.
- Work with customers and developers for requirements/design, integration of software during development as well as post production support.
- May Lead a group of developers and analysts in an Agile Software Development process within a Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe) which includes daily standups, presentations to stakeholders, reviews of code, and application testing.
- Provides input in technical direction on building and delivering projects on time meeting customer requirements.
- Involved in architecture, strategic and executive leadership planning decision for the development group.
- Actively lead Agile software development processes including creating epics, breaking down tasks, planning and tracking sprints.
- Oversee the design review and code review process and actively participate on those.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve large complex problems
- Business analysis and design skills
- Ability to manage a team or group of individuals
- Project management
- Experience with the Department of State preferred or intelligence community
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Unix Shell/Bash
- Experience with Cloud Native Technologies in the public cloud (Azure preferred)
- Experience with security and identity best practices.
- Exposure to managing resources with an emphasis in automation and scripting using CloudFormation Templates (JSON, YAML) to manage Azure environments
- Technical solution development and technical leadership experience
- Ability to serve as the Team Lead for other resources in Professional Services
- Ability to conduct a Scope of Work project for a large project
- Time and Resource management
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- 10+ years of overall IT / software development experience.
- 3+ years of driving application architecture design.
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Clear understanding of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology and respective experience with its application in design and development phases.
- Ability to communicate clearly with internal and external customers and all levels of management including communicating technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, highly performant Web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission critical.
- 5+ years of relevant experience as a software engineer working on large-scale, web based (ERP, CRM, etc.) and mobile applications.
- 8-10 years of industry experience with demonstrated increasing responsibilities.
- Business Analyst experience with expertise in software solution design.
- Team lead and project management experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical or engineering discipline, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Certifications (one or more of the following preferred):
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Less than 10%
Contingent Upon Award
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”