The Program Manager serves as the contractor’s single contract manager and shall be the contractor’s authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer, Government management personnel and customer agency representatives. Responsible for formulating and enforcing work standards, assigning contractor schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising contractor and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates. The Program Manager is responsible for overall contract performance.
The Program Manager will perform task order management, transition-in activities and new development activities for the customers’ internal and external facing informational websites and web applications. This position will manage the modernization, migration, decommission activities over the legacy systems to support web development, production, O&M, help desk, security and management the contract scope. A large component will also be working with the technical team to develop and managing the plan to transition the customer to the Cloud.
The Program Manager oversees the performance of a technical team and facilitates innovation, cost-savings, efficiencies, and quality control over processes and resolution of impediments. A successful Program Manager mentors the team in software development methodologies and maintains overall accountability and quality assurance of all program deliverables. The Program Manager is responsible for collaborating with all project stakeholders, implementation of processes, managing best practices, and tools for rapid, consistent, and reusable delivery. Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Schedules meeting frequency and facilitates stand-up meetings, status meetings, and task priority meetings;
- Oversees the quality and delivery of performance standards and status reports;
- Manage and lead technical and physical team functionality and resolution of conflicts;
- Assist team, as needed, to complete activities, tasks, and deliverables to meet time and quality requirements;
- Facilitate, coach, and develop team capabilities and performance;
- Develops and conducts quarterly and annual business reviews and planning sessions;
- Manage and execute tasks and backlogs to ensure deliverables are on time with acceptable quality levels; and
- Manage stakeholder expectations, including customer inclusion in technical matters, identifying gaps, and resolving impediments.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate sprint planning and demonstrations
- Ability to track, manage, and develop program metrics (incremental delivery, backlog tracking, user stories fulfilment, cost value/avoidance, etc.)
Knowledge of Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe) software development processes and procedures.
- Track record of highly satisfied customers
- Experience working with the Department of State preferred
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of various agile approaches
- Familiar with service-oriented environments and agile practices
- Experience organizing and executing agile training
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Adobe CQ5 CMS
- WEB Services, HTML, Active Server Pages, XML, SOA
- MS Visual Studio Team Foundation Server
- Oracle 11g RDBMS & SQL
- Microsoft standard office automation software
- Mobile Application Development
- 4+ years of demonstrated experience in agile and agile planning
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience applying and mentoring agile methodologies and Scalable Agile Framework (SAFe)
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience facilitating small team incremental delivery
- Experience transitioning to the Cloud
- Bachelor’s Degree in an information technology area or relevant technology
- PMI Project Management Professional certification
- PMI Agile Practitioner certification (preferred)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Less than 10%
Contingent upon award.
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”