At Chameleon, we value the time invested in making a plan. We begin by analyzing the situation, utilizing experience and benchmarking in our discovery process. We want to clearly understand the goals, objectives and desired outcomes for your Mission. We assemble the team of experts and partners, and quantify the measurement tools used to guide our journey. We look deeply at the whole picture, applying our broad technical expertise in endeavoring to understand the interplay of connected environmental factors that might affect your success metrics, and prepare a plan to execute against those items. The first step is finding the right Project Manager.
The Project Manager is located on Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency’s efforts to successfully transition to a newly developed network. The primary role of the position will be to drive technology projects from initiation through delivery.
The Project Manager oversees the performance of individual projects. The PM will work with government leadership and other project managers to coordinate resources, determine scheduling, and identify risks. This role involves managing technology projects and requires cross-functional collaboration to meet business goals in a complex environment. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive and solution-oriented.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Facilitates and schedules meeting frequency, and task priority meetings, document meeting minutes and notes
- Builds a project plan to meet business requirements and expectations.
- Develops and maintains project documentation including defined requirements.
- Develops Work breakdown structures, prepares charts, tables, graphs and diagrams
- Manage stakeholder expectations, including customer inclusion in technical matters, identifying gaps, and resolving impediments.
- Provide updates on project event scheduling, priority changes, conflicts, delays, or acceleration requirements as required.
- Prepare briefings and other deliverables as required.
- Assist with identifying and logging, tracking and reporting progress with risks, issues with mitigation strategies in risk registry
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Project management methodologies
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and conflict management skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate sprint planning and demonstrations
- Ability to track, manage, and develop project metrics (incremental delivery, backlog tracking, user stories fulfilment, cost value/avoidance, etc)
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of various agile approaches (Crystal, FDD, etc)
- Familiar with service-oriented environments and agile practices
- Experience organizing and executing agile training
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- MS Project and Excel
- ITSM Remedy
- Microsoft standard office automation software
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in agile and agile planning
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience applying agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc) and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, Social Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical disciplines
- PMI Project Management Professional certification (preferred)
Less than 20%
Why Should You Apply?
We offer Full Benefits including:
- Competitive Employee Health Insurance options including dental
- 100% company paid vision plan
- 401K plan with generous company match and no vesting period
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100 % company paid long and short-term disability insurance
- Training allowance
- PTO and more..
Beyond the standard pay and benefits, Chameleon is a supportive and encouraging company that develops its’ employees professionally and offers opportunities for advancement from within. We are an open and diverse workforce with a focus on the individual and work/life balance. We believe that happy employees will deliver their best and satisfy our customers at the highest levels. If you are ready to be appreciated for your contributions, apply today!
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”