Senior Staff Systems Solutions Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Top Secret Clearance Required
The Senior Staff Systems Solutions Engineer is located on Fort Meade and supports a large Federal agency’s efforts with engineering design, development, testing, and implementation to support long-term IT engineering solutions as well as provide operational technical analysis and engineering support.
As an authority in discipline or related area of expertise, leads engineering and system design, analysis, and transition across networking and computing environments to support configuration, change, and life cycle management. Leverages industry-based best practices to ensure IA compliance, integration, automation, and scalability when designing engineering solutions. In addition to engineering design of major long-term efforts, conducts engineering technical analysis to resolve complex issues for the development and implementation of operational programs.
Experience with Life Cycle Replacement planning is a plus.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Perform system integration, system evaluation and analysis, site surveys, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems and architectures.
- Conduct advanced research and analysis of current systems to develop strategic implementation plans and designs, document and mitigate risks as well as lessons learned, and provide regular updates.
- Ensure all requirements, customer and functional, are met though system analysis across all levels to include hardware/software, concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Research, collaborate, and strategize with vendors and various groups, such as R&D, Server and Network teams, and provide recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology to improve mission assurance.
- Address unusually complex problems with consultative direction through the application of advanced technologies expertise, scientific principles, theories, and concepts.
- Maintain a strong understanding of networking architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing.
- Provide expertise to contribute to the security assessment and compliance activities to maintain accreditation to include mitigation and documentation.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, document lessons learned, and provide regular updates to Senior Leadership government and Chameleon.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Advanced systems engineering design and operations in multi-enclave environmental.
- Innovative solution engineering design and transition for Active Directory, VMware, Endpoint, and Identify Management solutions.
- Exhibit the flexibility to multitask multiple projects simultaneously, refocus and shift priorities to support the mission, warfighter and customer requirements.
- Excellent customer service skills, with adaptability for working in team oriented or independent projects.
- Experience in the assessment and insight into risk management analysis and internal controls requirements.
- Experience in System Development Life Cycle
- Experience in designing systems architectures, such as DODAF, and enterprise-level IT strategic and execution plans.
- Ability to clearly and concisely document Standard Operating Procedures and procedures.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning.
- Specific technologies: SolarWinds, SCCM, Active Directory, Desktop EndPoint Solutions, Identify Management (SailPoint) & Virtual Hosting/Data Storage Management
- Bachelor’s Degree
- ITIL Foundations or Intermediate Certificates (Preferred)
- Systems Engineering Certificates
- 7+ Years Experience
- Agile, Len/Six Sigma – Green Belt (Preferred)
Less than 10%
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”.