Windows System Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Chameleon Integrated Services has expertise in operations management, quality systems, data operation and cybersecurity. We secure some of the most sensitive data for the Department of Defense and for other U. S. federal government agencies. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees, and we believe in promoting from within.
This Windows System Engineer role will be a part of the IT Solution Engineering Team responsible for providing in-depth technical hardware and software support for all desktop and mobile (laptop, tablet, etc.) platforms to support large-scale enterprise networks. (Test Imaging) Position is located at Fort Meade.
In this role as the Windows System Engineer you will serve as an Imaging Engineer responsible for the overall maintenance and support of the Windows desktop/mobile environment.
Major job responsibilities:
- Build, install, and maintain enterprise-wide image for desktop and mobile platforms.
- Provide technical “break-fix” operational support to include troubleshooting and diagnosis across all DISANet geographically dispersed sites.
- Report on operational issues and escalate appropriately.
- Document and maintain technical workflow, process, and procedures.
- Lead and support other solution engineering projects.
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team and operational sites, as needed.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Highly experienced in creating and maintaining OS image and application packages.
- Proficient in providing installation/troubleshooting support.
- Advanced technical understanding of hardware, drivers, Microsoft OS, software products and the software re-packaging/sequencing process.
- Experience with AD troubleshooting workstation/user policies.
- Strong System Administration experience, and advanced experience with SCCM.
- Strong ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with adaptability for working in team oriented or independent projects.
- Ability to document in detail, technical instructions and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations.
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner and escalating issues, as needed..
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- MCSE or MCSA certified
- Microsoft Windows
- Solution Engineering skills and experience
- Advanced configuration management skills.
- Support Virtual Desktop Environment (VDI).
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- IAT Level II certification is required before start
Less than 10%
Top Secret (You must have an existing Top Secret Clearance to be considered)
"We are an equal opportunity employer and all Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”