Associate Systems Solution Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Top Secret Clearance Required
Associate Systems Solution Engineer
The Associate Systems Solutions Engineer is located at Fort Meade and supports a large federal agency’s efforts with engineering design, development, testing, and implementation to support long-term IT engineering solutions as well as provide operational technical analysis and engineering support.
In this role, you will conduct engineering and system design, analysis, and transition across networking and computing environments to support configuration, change, and life cycle management. You will leverage industry-based best practices to ensure IA compliance, integration, automation, and scalability when designing engineering solutions. In addition to engineering design of long-term efforts, you will conduct technical analysis to support resolving issues for the development and implementation of operational programs.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Completes activities to support system integration, system evaluation and analysis, site surveys, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems and architectures.
- Conduct research and analysis of current systems to support development of strategic implementation plans and designs, document and mitigate risks as well as lessons learned, and provide regular updates.
- Research and collaborate with various groups, such as R&D, Server and Network teams, and provide recommendations on how to leverage emerging technology to improve mission assurance.
- Conduct engineering technical analysis to support resolving issues through the application of engineering theories and concepts.
- Maintain an understanding of networking architecture, servers, systems design, virtual hosts, and configuration management and licensing.
- Support the operational assessment and documentation of systems security and compliance posture to maintain accreditation.
- Provide input to project schedules, identify and mitigate risks, document lessons learned, and deliver regular updates to stakeholders and leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Systems engineering design and operations experience.
- Solution engineering design and transition for Active Directory, VMware, Endpoint and Identify Management solutions.
- Exhibit the flexibility to multitask, refocus and shift priorities to support the mission, warfighter and customer requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Experience in System Development Life Cycle
- Solid understanding of systems architectures, such as DODAF.
- Document Standard Operating Procedures and guides.
- Experience with Life Cycle Replacement planning is a plus.
Preferred Technical Knowledge
- Knowledge of component level and integrated systems verification planning.
- Specific technologies: SolarWinds, SCCM, Active Directory, Desktop EndPoint Solutions, Identify Management (SailPoint) & Virtual Hosting/Data Storage Management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related discipline ITIL Foundations
- Systems Engineering Certificates
- 5+ Years’ Experience
- Agile, Lean/Six Sigma – Green Belt
Less than 10%
Why Should You Apply?
Beyond the standard pay and benefits, Chameleon is a supportive and encouraging company that develops its’ employees professionally and offers opportunities for advancement from within. We are an open and diverse workforce with a focus on the individual and work/life balance. We believe that happy employees will deliver their best and satisfy our customers at the highest levels. If you are ready to be appreciated for your contributions, apply today!
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”.