Cable Technician/Network Installation
****Must have a TS/SCI Eligible to apply for this position****
- Provide technical support to the LAN/WAN systems administrators involving computer support and cable configuration; upgrade LAN from coax cable to 10-Base-T twisted pair.
- Installing UTP, CAT 5, CAT6, ATM, Broadband and Fiber Optic cable. Installation includes lay out, pulling and punching down the cables to punch blocks, patch panels, wall plates and connection to the computer. Also Install SC, ST, FC, FIDI and BNC connectors, CISCO network equipment, SUN servers, and provided support for World-Wide on-line systems (WWOLS).
- Additional duties: setup, install and configure customer desktop computers, cabling them to the networks. Provide Hardware support on a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to aassemble a Bill of Material (BOM) and labor estimate for existing infrastructure maintenance, new installations and Life Cycle Replacement projects.
- (CNSSAM) TEMPEST/1-13, RED/BLACK Installation Guidance.
Physical Exertion Requirement:
- Medium work. Medium work involves lifting no more than 50 pounds at a time with frequent lifting or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. If someone can do medium work, we determine that he or she can also do sedentary and light work.
- Ability to walk distances up to multiple miles in a day throughout out the campus, climb stairs and ladders.
- Up to 40% travel
- National and International travel required depending on contractual needs.
- 2 years of experience in cable installation
- Security+ Certification or must be able to get certification within 90 days of start date
- ****Must have a TS/SCI Eligible to apply for this position****
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”