Sr. Network Engineer
Location: Fort Meade, MD
Top Secret Clearance Required
We offer the latest training, great pay, and the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology!
We are a growing information technology company based in St. Louis Mo, and Bowie MD, that offers its employees a culture of success, diversity in the workplace, and the ability to work with leading edge technology that is revolutionizing federal IT infrastructure.
Chameleon Integrated Services has expertise in operations management, quality systems, data operation and cybersecurity. We secure some of the most sensitive data for the Department of Defense and for other U. S. federal government agencies. We are known for the great care we take with clients and employees, and we believe in promoting from within.
We offer a Full Benefits package including:
- Competitive Employee Health Insurance options including dental
- 100% company paid vision plan
- 401K plan with generous company match and no vesting period
- 100% company paid Life insurance
- 100 % company paid long and short-term disability insurance
- Training allowance
- PTO and more…
Chameleon Integrated Services is currently looking for a Sr. Network Engineer to support a large Federal Agency’s Network Infrastructure. The Network engineer will work on a Tier 3 infrastructure team required to support Blue Coats, Cisco Switches and Routers, and Palo Alto firewalls, etc. in support of a world-wide network.
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
- Designs and installs architecture to include the software, hardware and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces.
- Ensures Network systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the network layers, across the application program interface (API) and the external environment/software application.
- Ensures that the network/transport layers of the common operating environment are compliant.
- Evaluates analytically and systematically problems of work flows and network usage, organization and planning and develops appropriate corrective action.
- Provide support team members with the tools, knowledge, and support documentation required to support enterprise architecture
- Have flexible working hours to be available to support team when needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize and facilitate planning and demonstrations
- Ability to track, manage, and ensure projects are kept on track, and tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Cisco switches 2900, 3700, 3800, 3900, 4500, 6500 series
- Cisco routers 3700, 3800, 3900 and ASR 1000 series
- Bluecoat Web Proxies
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Active Directory
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Cisco AnyConnect
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS)
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline is required.
- IAT Level II certification is required before start
- 10+ years related IT experience
Must have an existing Top Secret Clearance to be considered
Beyond the standard pay and benefits, Chameleon is a supportive and encouraging company that develops its’ employees professionally and offers opportunities for advancement from within. We are an open and diverse workforce with a focus on the individual and work/life balance. We believe that happy employees will deliver their best and satisfy our customers at the highest levels. If you are ready to be appreciated for your contributions, apply today!
“Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status”.